Defining Technical SEO –
The content that we produce on the website must be comprehendible to both humans as well as search engines. It is only after the technical SEO optimization that the search engine spiders can efficiently index the website. This positively impacts the ranking of your webpage. While talking about technical SEO, multiple things matter.
Australian Internet Advertising is an SEO Sydney agency that provides expert SEO services to its clients. They help you get above your competitors, by their 20+ years of experience in SEO, they turn your website into a revenue-generating mammoth that attracts organic traffic and puts you on the highest ranks of SERP.
Basic Pointers to Keep in Mind While Doing Technical SEO- below is the list of a few things which affect technical SEO.
- Use SSL- Secured Sockets Layer to create an encrypted and safe link between the browser and the server. A website that starts with ‘HTTPS://’ rather than ‘HTTP://’ is the one that has SSL. In 2014, Google had required all the websites to adopt ‘HTTPS://’. It also announced that secure websites will be given preference over non-SSL websites.
Installing SSL certificates on the website is a secure route to avoid any step-motherly action by Google.
- The Website must be mobile friendly- Since 2018, Google has adopted a mobile-first policy. The website which is more mobile-friendly gets indexed first. With that being said, it is preferred if your website is compatible with mobile users as well, which allows seamless navigation on mobile devices.
- The speed of the site- The importance of the loading speed of the website cannot be emphasized enough. Users get frustrated very quickly if the website takes more than a few seconds to load, thus naturally, search engines prefer sites with a better loading speed. For starters, make sure that the images on your page are compressed.
- Check the duplicate content- two factors make duplicate content bad for technical SEO. First, duplicate content can be used as a manipulative stratagem to win more traffic. Second, duplicate content confuses both the users and the search engine algorithms. Thus, duplication of content must be avoided.
- Create a site map- An XML sitemap acts as the itinerary for the search engine bots. This document also carries information regarding the date of the last modification of the page, the priorities which your website holds, how frequently the website is updated, etc. In certain cases, the XML document’s auto-generated, in others, you have to make it.
- Register the website with Google Search Console & with Bing Webmaster Tools- Google Search Console & with Bing Webmaster Tools are free to use, launched by Google and Microsoft respectively. They allow the user to submit the website to their search engine for indexing. You must also submit the XML once the website is ready.
- Responsiveness of the website- Those websites which are designed in such a way that they fit in whatever device they are accessed from are called responsive websites. This prevents the fuss of ‘pinching to zoom’ or ‘double tapping on the page’ to access the content of the page.
You can make use of CSS to modulate a webpage to respond to the screen size. Ideally, responsive sites receive favourable treatment from both the user and the search engine.
Technical SEO plays a crucial role in indexing your page and building up organic traffic. The web pages must be sufficiently imbibed with technical SEO.